Friday, May 20, 2011
1. Harry Potter Series- J.K. Rowling- This is my absolute favorite book series ever and it was my life when I was little. I went a little overboard in my Harry Potter believing, meaning that I made myself a robe and a wand, and even some invisible ink(:
2. Twilight Series- Stephanie Meyer- I know you all may think this series is way too hyped up, but the books are absolutely amazing and Stephanie Meyer wrote them so eloquently that they make you feel like you're living it.
3. Pretty Little Liars Series- Sara Shepard- You may say "I watch the TV show, I don't need to read the books" but that is absolutely not true. The books are completely different and never fail to keep you entertained and guessing!
4. Angus, Thongs, and Full-Frontal Snogging Series- Louise Rennison- This series is going to keep you laughing throughout all the books. It also gives Americans some insight into British lifestyle.
5. The Summer I Turned Pretty Series- Jenny Han- I just finished this series and it literally made me laugh, made me cry, and made me wish for summer. It was absolutely one of the best book series I have ever read in my life and if you're a teenage girl, you're going to love it!
6. Any Books By Sarah Dessen- Sarah Dessen is a fantastic author. All her books are directed toward teenage girls and all have their own life lessons. She has around 7 or 8 books and I definitely recommend that you read them if you get the chance. (:
7. The Pact, My Sister's Keeper, & Plain Truth- Jodi Picoult- I grouped these together because they are all by the same author. All of Jodi Picoult's books are extremely controversial and heart breaking but also very good and well written.
8. Dear John, The Last Song, & The Lucky One- Nicholas Sparks- I also grouped these together because of the author, but all of these books are amazing. They're all very romantic and have some controversy and confusion. Once again do not rely on the movies for these books because the movie's endings are completely opposite for most of them.
9. Stolen- Lucy Christopher- OMG, that is almost all you can say about this book. I don't want to give too much away but you won't be able to put this down and you are going to have extreme conflicting emotions by the end of the book.
10. World of Pies- Karen Stolz- This book is the story of a girl's life set in the 60's. Each chapter tells of the summers of her life and you get to grow up with this girl. It is a great book to read and re-read.
11. By The Time You Read This- Lola Jaye- This book is so sweet, it is about a "guide to life" that a girl's father writes for her before he passes away. He writes basically a life handbook for his daughter so that he can help her even in death.
I hope you take the time to check all these books out. I absolutely loved them all. Also, don't wimp out and just watch the movies. Movies never give books justice.(:
Friday, March 4, 2011
Monday, December 13, 2010
- A girl is bullied every seven minutes.
- Almost one-third of girls are directly involved in bullying (as the bully or the bullied)
- 15% of girls who are bullied tell someone.
- 43% of girls fear harassment in school bathrooms.
- When girl bullying occurs: 85% of the time no intervention, 11% peer intervention and 4% teacher intervention.
- Teasing/Public Humiliation
- Relational Blackmail
- Creating Paranoia
- Pranks and Technology
- Desire for Excitement
- Jealousy/Insecurities about: Appearance -Relationships -Attention
- Competition for boys
- Just for fun
- Boost their confidence
- “Gain power” in Social groups
- Desire for Social approval
- Feeling of rejection and loneliness
- Low self esteem
- Obesity and other eating disorders
- Substance abuse and addiction
- Romance and relationship problems
- Personality disorders
- Resentment towards women
- Dropping out of school
Tuesday, November 2, 2010
Tuesday, September 14, 2010
Wednesday, August 11, 2010
-Little Plastic Drawers for Make-up
-Big Drawers for Closet
-Under Bed Sto-away Thing
-Drawer for Jewelry
Seem like a lot of stuff? Yea I know..and I'll have to pay for it all. That's why I'm always babysitting and life guarding and teaching swim lessons. It's all for the green baby.
Ohhhhhhh!!! and guess what I just got in the mail that I'm really excited about!!! An autographed picture of Daniel Radcliffe. Yea I know this may seem weird or juvenile but I love him..and Harry Potter..I'm a nerd, get over it. (: But yes, it is my third picture from him..or at least his assistants, and I'm just a tad bit excited.
SIDE NOTE-When I scanned the picture it only scanned the picture part. In reality there's a thick, white border around that picture and that's where he signed it. So don't think I'm lying!!!
Friday, August 6, 2010
92% of teen girls would like to change something about the way they look, with body weight ranking the highest.
75% of teenage girls felt 'depressed, guilty and shameful' after spending just three minutes leafing through a fashion magazine.
74% of girls say they are under pressure to please everyone
3 out of 4 girls say they feel pressure to be "super girls"
74% say they often feel stressed
So tell me, with these stats why do we feel this way? And trust me, I'm as guilty as everyone. I call myself fat on a daily basis..but why? Why do we feel this way about ourselves? Why do we call ourselves fat and ugly, even if we aren't? And it's really only in girls. I don't think I've ever heard of a boy not eating because he thinks he's fat, or puking himself every time he thinks he eats too much. So what is it with girls that makes them criticize themselves so much. Is it the images on TV and in magazines? Is it that we think that everyone else is criticizing us so we criticize ourselves? And I've noticed with myself that a lot of the time I call myself fat or ugly just so someone can contradict me, just so someone will tell me "no, you're not, you're perfect and beautiful just the way you are." But not everyone has someone to tell them that, so they just go on with low self-esteem. Let's try something, let's try to love ourselves for who we are and what we look like, no matter what anyone else says. (:
-->The stats above are from this website.