- A girl is bullied every seven minutes.
- Almost one-third of girls are directly involved in bullying (as the bully or the bullied)
- 15% of girls who are bullied tell someone.
- 43% of girls fear harassment in school bathrooms.
- When girl bullying occurs: 85% of the time no intervention, 11% peer intervention and 4% teacher intervention.
Types of Bullying
- Teasing/Public Humiliation
- Relational Blackmail
- Creating Paranoia
- Pranks and Technology
Why People Bully
- Desire for Excitement
- Jealousy/Insecurities about: Appearance -Relationships -Attention
- Competition for boys
- Just for fun
- Boost their confidence
- “Gain power” in Social groups
- Desire for Social approval
Effects on the Person Being Bullied
- Feeling of rejection and loneliness
- Low self esteem
- Obesity and other eating disorders
- Substance abuse and addiction
- Romance and relationship problems
- Personality disorders
- Resentment towards women
- Dropping out of school
Why do girls feel the need to bully one another? Why does anyone feel the need to bully another person? Does it really make you feel good to say hurtful things about another person?
No matter how much the person tries to ignore it, it's going to affect them in some way, whether they show it on the outside or keep it on the inside. It doesn't matter whether you're saying the mean things to the girl's face or on the internet, it's still going to hurt them just as much. If you're going to put these things out there on the internet think to yourself "Is what this person did to me so bad that I need to bash them publicly for everyone to see?" because whenever I hear about it all I hear is that it makes the "basher" look bad.
Why is it that boys can get along so well and girls can't?
Yea, a boy might be mad at another boy one day but it's all blown over the next day. But when a girl's mad at another girl they can hate each other for years. There's no reason that a girl should say such mean things about another girl that it pushes that girl to the point of suicide, absolutely no reason.
PLEASE, think about it the next time you want to say something about another girl that could potentially be hurtful, think to yourself "is it worth it?" is it worth making the other girl feel bad?